How to blend your makeup to perfection
The secret to a flawless face? It’s quite simple: blend. So while it’s about the products, it’s even more so about the tools.
- Osmosis Colour Medium Accent Brush, $83. If you want a light base, this is the brush for you as stippling brushes push product into the skin so not a lot of liquid is needed. We recommend using it with BB creams and tinted moisturisers.
- Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Correcting and Highlighting Perfector, $53 from Life Pharmacy.
- Clarins Instant Light Radiance Boost Complexion Base in Champagne, $66.
- Smashbox LA Lights Blendable Lip + Cheek Color in Beverly Hills Blush, $51 from Life Pharmacy.
- QVS Professional Foundation Sponge, $9.99. Wet the sponge and squeeze excess water out; you want it to be damp. Then dab into your product (foundation, liquid illuminiser or cream blush) and gently pat and roll on to your face.
- Estée Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Brightening Serum and Concealer, $68.
- MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm Tinted Foundation SPF 30+ in Golden, $64.
- MAC 182 Buffer Brush, $98. For powder and cream products, opt for a buffing brush and use circular motions. Especially great for contouring the face.
- Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights in Pink Light, $36.95.
- Natio Sunlight Mineral Bronzer Palette, $23.50.
- This multi-purpose brush has three settings so you can have full, medium or sheer coverage depending on what finish you feel like that day. Smashbox Telephoto 3-in-1 Face Brush, $89.