The best bronzers to switch to for summer
There is only one way to get a bronzed glow this summer and that’s the cheat’s way. The great thing about adding a bronzer in summer is that you can get away with a bit more sparkle and a deeper colour to blend in with the self-tan you are no doubt using - beautyheaven showcases some of the prettiest bronzing palettes on offer this summer.
RELATED: How to apply bronzer like a pro
bh loves: Wet n Wild Coloricon Bronzer, $12.99; Dior Rouge Blush in Midnight Wish, $93; MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish in Oh Darling, $64; Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder, $70; MAC Iridescent Powder in Golden Bronze, $60; MAC Dazzle Shadow Liquid in Blinking Brilliant, $46; Chanel Le Lion De Chanel Illuminating Powder, $112; Wet n Wild Coloricon Megaglo Highlighting Palette, $24.99; NARS Bronzer in Casino, $63 and Milani Baked Bronzer in Dolce, $18.99.
5 foolproof bronzer tips:
- Little and lightly is the best approach when it comes to wearing bronzer – using a large powder brush will ensure you get an even light coverage of colour that will look natural and believable.
- If you are opting for a subtle finish, choose a bronzer which is matte rather than too shimmery –this will give your skin an all-over flush of bronze without drawing too much attention to your overall look.
- A matte bronzer is a great tool for contouring. Using a chiselled brush, apply a line of powder just under your cheekbone and blend in – this will create depth in that area helping to make your cheekbones pop.
- A lighter bronzer can become the perfect highlighter – dust over areas such as above your cheekbones, down the bridge of your nose and even just above your cupids bow.
- Bronzers like this needn’t only be reserved for your face – sweep the powder down your décolletage and even your arms if the rest of your body is feeling a little pale in comparison.