13 life-changing travel beauty hacks
Summer is here and it’s synonymous with travel. Whether it’s a long weekend roadie to the Coromandel or a glamorous girls’ getaway to Sydney, packing the mandatory beauty essentials with space to spare is key.
As well as packing your must-haves, there are a few nifty tips and tricks that will make life a lot easier and solve all your beauty issues. We’ve all had those ‘conditioner leaking through the suitcase’ and ‘bronzer compact shattering through the handbag’ disasters, so check out these 13 hacks that will ensure you’re never caught out again!
1. Put a cotton pad inside your powder compacts to stop them accidentally shattering in transit.
2. Neutralise hair stained green by chlorine by leaving tomato sauce on your locks for 10 minutes. Prevent the dreaded green tinge happening again by rinsing hair in cold water before diving in.
3. Store and protect make-up brushes in an old sunglasses case.
4. Use your hotel fridge to store your toning mist, aftersun and sheet masks, they’ll be cool and super soothing to apply after a day in the sun.
5. Use the hotel toiletries as mini vessels for your beauty essentials on your next trip.
6. Use contact lens cases for transporting gels, liquid foundations and creams, they’ll hold the perfect amount for a long weekend.
7. Carry an old sock at all times to create the perfect bun. Cut the toe end, then roll into a doughnut shape, pulling your ponytail through. Then twist hair around and pin to create a dressy evening look.
8. Lost luggage is a frustrating reality, so always carry a pared-down collection of your beauty must-haves in your hand luggage. At least you’ll look presentable at breakfast while you wait for your bags.
9. A good multipurpose product is worth its weight in gold. Cream sticks work best as they can be used as lip balm, blush and even on lids as a subtle eye shadow.
10. Take your face from day to night in 10 seconds by applying a statement lip colour.
11. Pack a gradual tanner to top up your self-tan, as sea water and chlorinated swimming pools fade colour faster.
12. Face wipes are your travel beauty BFF. Not only are they great for taking makeup off at the end of the day, they remove sunscreen and insect repellent residue and are the perfect mid-flight refresher for face and body.
13. Nude-hued tinted balms and lip crayons are a sneaky way to look effortlessly pretty and polished on holiday.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Josephine Skriver (@josephineskriver) on
Main image @oliviaculpo
What is your tried ans tested travel beauty tip?