beautyheaven.co.nz ("Website") is owned and operated by Bauer Media Group (NZ) LP (2573001) ("Owner", “we” and “us”).
“You” and “your” refer to you, the user of the Website.
The material on the Website is copyright of the Owner and/or its licensors.
The pages on the Website contain information about products and services available in New Zealand and generally in other countries. It is your sole responsibility to consider whether an individual product or service is suitable for your specific circumstances and to determine its availability where you reside. The prizes, gifts, giveaways and services offered on the Website are offered to consumers in New Zealand and nowhere else.
Use of material on the Website
1. You may use the Website, including by downloading material from the Website, solely for your personal, non-commercial purposes.
a. the reproduction of the material in any form;
b. the distribution of the material in any form;
c. re-transmission of the material by any medium to any other website; or
d. “framing” the material on the Website with other material on any other website.
3. You must not remove any copyright and trade mark notices contained on the material.
4. You must not modify or copy:
a. the layout of the Website; or
b. any computer software and code contained in the Website.
5. The Owner reserves all intellectual property rights, including copyright, in material and/or services provided by it on or via the Website.
Links to other websites
6. The Website contains links to sites owned and operated by third parties and that are not under the control of the Owner. The Owner:
a. provides the links to other sites as a convenience to you and the existence of a link to another site does not imply any endorsement by the Owner of the linked site; and
b. is not responsible for the material contained on those linked sites.
7. Details regarding products and services described or depicted on the Website (including features, pricing, ingredients and specifications) are approximate only and subject to change without notice. A reference to products or services on the Website does not imply or warrant that the products or services will be available at any time in your particular locality.
a. relating to the accuracy, reliability, timeliness or otherwise of any information contained or referred to on the Website and/or linked sites;
b. relating to the merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of any service or product contained or referred to on the Website and/or linked sites;
c. that the Website, or the server that makes the Website available, is free of software viruses;
d. that the functions contained in any software contained on the Website will operate uninterrupted or that such software is error-free; and
e. that errors and defects in the Website will be corrected.
Limitation of liability
9. Your use of the Website and the Social Media is at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, neither the Owner nor any party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Website accepts any liability for the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the information contained on the Website or Social Media, whether or not any of them is aware of such errors or omissions, nor do they accept any liability for any cost, loss or damage of any kind, including loss or corruption of data arising out of your access to, or use of, or inability to use or access the Website or Social Media.
10. Legislation in New Zealand may confer rights and remedies on you that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. Where it is permitted to do so, the Owner limits its liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition that cannot be excluded, at the option of the Owner, to:
a. in the case of services, the supply of the services again or the payment of the cost of having services supplied again; and
b. in the case of goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of such goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
11. The Owner does not bear, and you release and hold harmless the Owner from, any liability arising in connection with material displayed on or accessible through the Website.
Use of information gathered
Limitation of access
14. The Owner may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Website at any time for any reason without giving any explanation or justification and the Owner has no liability for any cost, loss or damage of any kind arising as a consequence of such restriction, suspension or termination.
a. with or without further notice to you; and
b. without giving you any explanation or justification for such change.
Prizes, gifts and giveaways
20. Subject to any specific terms that are displayed with any prizes, gifts or giveaways at the time they are offered, displayed or advertised, when prizes, gifts or giveaways are offered, displayed or advertised on the Website, to the full extent permitted by law:
a. we may withdraw the offer of the prizes, gifts or giveaways at any time prior to the time the recipient is to be drawn or otherwise determined, without notice to you, in the event that we are, for any reason, unable to supply the prizes, gifts or giveaways;
b. we will not be liable under any circumstances for any cost, loss or damage of any kind as a consequence of the withdrawal of the prizes, gifts or giveaways;
c. if we are unable to supply the exact prizes, gifts or giveaways offered, displayed or advertised to you for any reason, we may supply in their place alternative items of a similar nature and value and supply of the alternative items will be in complete satisfaction of our obligation to you in respect of the prizes, gifts or giveaways. We will not be liable under any circumstances for any cost, loss or damage of any kind as a consequence of the supply of the alternative items.
21. If you receive a prize, gift, giveaway or Trial Team product, you must not on-sell or profiteer from such prize, gift, giveaway or product. Failure to comply may result in exclusion from future competitions, giveaways and Trial Teams.
22. Beautyheaven members participate in Trial Teams, sampling and events on a voluntary basis to provide honest feedback to the beautyheaven community about a product or treatment. All care is taken to ensure the correct products and treatments are provided for each Member's specified skin and hair conditions, however no responsibility is taken for adverse reactions or unsatisfactory results. While we facilitate arrangements between beautyheaven members and brands, products and treatments are supplied by the distributors or provider of the participating product or treatment and not by us. Your use of such products and treatments is at your own risk and we disclaim any liability arising from such use.
23. We will only send prizes to an address within New Zealand.
Participation in interactive portions of the Website
24. The Website may contain interactive components where you can submit material to the Website.
25. By submitting material to the Website, you grant the Owner and other persons authorised by the Owner a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual licence, including a right of sub-licence, to use, adapt, publish and reproduce that material for any purpose.
26. Without limiting the foregoing licence:
a. we may disclose the material you submit to the Website (and your username, age and the country, state or territory where you live) to any group, organisation or business that is connected to the beauty, healthcare or cosmetics industry for the purposes of its marketing activities and materials; and
b. you consent to material you submit to the Website (including any reviews or testimonials) being used, reproduced, published and modified, without any compensation, by any group, organisation or business that is connected to the beauty, healthcare or cosmetics industry for the purposes of its brand marketing activities and materials, including publication of your age and the country, state or territory where you live with such material.
27. You consent to all acts or omissions of the Owner and other persons authorised by the Owner that may infringe any moral rights in material you submit to the Website (including not identifying the author or modifying or changing such material in a manner that may constitute derogatory treatment as defined under the Copyright Act 1994) and, to the extent permitted by law, you waive all moral rights in such material. To the extent that such material is authored by another person, you warrant that you have obtained corresponding consents and waivers from that person.
28. The Owner may, but is not obliged to, moderate any material you submit to the Website, including by, in respect of all or any part of that material:
a. delaying its display on the Website;
b. not displaying it on the Website;
c. deleting it from the Website;
d. reviewing, modifying or reformatting it;
e. removing a reference to a person, place, activity, group, organisation or business in it;
f. notifying a third party of material that refers to that third party’s business or brand (and inviting them to respond); and
g. making changes to spelling and grammar.
32. In connection with your access to and use of the Website, you must, and you warrant that at all times you will:
a. not submit material that is illegal or for an illegal purpose;
b. not submit material that is racist, indecent, objectionable or offensive, vilifies or incites hatred against any person or group of people or is otherwise inappropriate;
c. not submit material that is defamatory;
d. not submit material that depicts violence or cruelty;
e. not harass, “stalk”, threaten or abuse other users of the Website;
f. not submit material, or otherwise use the Website in a way, that infringes the intellectual property rights of any person;
g. not submit or transmit material where such submission or transmission may constitute a tort or breach of contract;
h. not submit material that purports to give financial, legal, medical, health or other professional advice or discourages any person from seeking professional advice;
i. not misrepresent your identity, including your gender, or affiliation with any group, organisation or business or act in a manner that may reasonably mislead any person regarding your identity or affiliation with any group, organisation or business; (including by failing to disclose any affiliation with a group, organisation or business that is connected to the beauty, healthcare or cosmetics industry);
j. disclose any connection with any group, organisation or business that is connected to the beauty, healthcare or cosmetics industry or that is otherwise connected to, or may have an interest in, the subject matter of material being submitted;
k. not submit material in return for, or in connection with the receipt of, any payment or other benefit from any person (whether directly or indirectly) other than a benefit provided by us;
l. except as may be expressly permitted by the Owner in writing to you, not promote any business or website, including by sending unsolicited offers, promotions, advertising, spam or any other form of solicitation;
m. not submit material that may be false, inaccurate, misleading or deceptive in any way;
n. not submit material that is the personal or private information of a person;
o. not submit material that, if displayed on the Website, may give rise to a liability for contempt of court;
p. not submit material that is subject to, or the display of which on the Website may breach, obligations of confidentiality;
q. not attempt to circumvent any restrictions built in to the Website or that the Owner imposes on access to information about other users of the Website;
r. not attempt to circumvent or compromise any security features or architecture of the Website;
s. not disseminate viruses or any kind of malicious code;
t. not create more than one user profile per person;
u. not re-establish or attempt to re-establish a user profile if your profile has been restricted, suspended or terminated;
v. not use any robot, scraper or automated process to access the Website without the Owner’s prior written consent;
w. not solicit any personal information from another user, such as passwords, PINs and account numbers;
x. not attempt to connect or engineer the Website to operate other software or devices;
y. not infringe the Owner’s intellectual property rights, including copyrights and any trademarks visible on the Website;
z. not do anything that is likely to violate any applicable law, whether local or international;
aa. not do anything that, in the Owner’s opinion, is not in compliance with any policy issued by the Owner in respect of the Website from time to time; and
bb. not do anything that is likely, in the Owner’s opinion, to interfere with the availability of the Website or its use by other users.
33. The Social Media are intended for general information and discussion purposes only and may be amended or withdrawn at any time and without liability. Third party postings or contributions made to the Social Media are not endorsed by or made on behalf of the Owner. You acknowledge and agree that your conduct, and anything that you post or upload to the Social Media, are your sole responsibility.
a. spam, self-promotion or sales pitches for goods or services;
b. discussions that the Owner considers irrelevant, off-topic or inflammatory; and
c. material that violates or may violate the privacy of any person.
35. The Owner does not make any representation or warranty concerning the accuracy, inoffensiveness or suitability of any content that appears on the Social Media.
36. Any information posted in our chat areas on the Website (including forums, article comment areas and product reviews) becomes public information. While the Owner strives to protect and respect your privacy, we can't guarantee the security of any information you disclose and urge you to consider your own privacy before posting.